Friday, March 11, 2011

Swallowing a hook: Preface

 I have fished a little in my life.  Usually, when I go fishing with my husband we do the "catch and release" bit.  He doesn’t really enjoy the taste of the fish around here and he likes even less to clean and gut the fish. To him it is just as much to fun to catch them and then let them go back on their merry way.  Once in awhile, when we go on a family fishing trip, somebody in the family will catch a fish that has swallowed the hook.  It’s amazing how deep the hook can go inside that fish’s body.   If it's really deep, Darren will just detach the hook from the line and let the fish swim away, hook and all.  Pulling out a hook that deep would likely kill a fish. I remember one time we did try to pull out a very deep hook.  The hook pulled away at the fishes organs and made a real mess inside the fish.   That fish did die as the internal damage was too heavy. It is a little troubling when you’re talking about a fish but when speaking figuratively about a person, it is deeply troubling.   And I am the person I am talking about.  When I swallowed that hook of false teaching, I swallowed it deep.  God knew that the hook had to come out.  He also knew that it was going to be a long arduous process of pulling it out.  I had no idea. This is my story.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Dee Dee! What a great looking page! May I suggest that you make sure you are linked to Facebook and twitter so that every time you update, everyone is notified that you posted. The best time to schedule your post is usually in the 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. time frame since that is when most people get on for the day and browse the daily activities, and they'll see yours right away on the screen.
    Sorry if you know all this. I think your page looks really good! Also, visit Scribd.com and see if you would like to use that. It's really been [positive for broadcasting my work. If you want to see how it works, visit the links on my blog page through the "Books by A.M." button.
    I really like your book and think people need to read it! Feel free to hide this comment from the public. It's mainly information for you if helpful. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading here, Dee Dee! Your blog looks great!!

    ReplyDelete